Hey there TPT sellers and teachers! I wanted to give you a behind the scenes look at how I designed the literary nonfiction graphic organizers in my TPT store.
In this bonus design PowerPoint tutorial, I talk to you about
- Adding a table of contents page to your resource (:20)
- How I create a preview using the first 5 pages (without giving too much away!) (1:10)
- Creating text boxes with the Insert Shape tool (2:28)
- Adding a copyright watermark to your pages (4:39)
- Tips on creating writing lines depending on the grade levels who use them (6:02)
- How to widen your writing lines with spacing (7:46)
- Changing the weight of your text boxes (8:45)
- Spacing out or tighten your fonts (10:13)
- On a tight budget? Here's how to utilize the clipart/icons already in PowerPoint (11:25)
- More info on getting this product (13:25)
You can see how, throughout the process, copy/paste is my BFF!
You can buy this resource on my TPT store, The Southern Teach by Kirsten. These research writing pages are perfect for students in Grades 2-5 who are learning about biographies, autobiographies, or memoirs and can be used with any literary nonfiction text!