LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
Key Takeaways from the Episode
- Contrast occurs when two or more visual elements on a page are different.
- In design we use contrast to generate impact and create a focus. It makes it exciting and is attractive and appealing to the human eye.
- Contrast through color - this could be black text on a white background. The key is to make sure there is a high contrast in the text you use and the background on your product cover.
- Contrast through shape - pair different shapes that are in contrast to another if you mostly use rectangles or squares on your product covers, adding circles can create contrast.
- Contrast through size - use large text as your title and smaller text as your subtitle or important features
- Contrast through typography - contrast a bold chunky font with a rounded font or use the same typeface - contrast by using a bolder weight and a thinner weight.
- Contrast through photos- make sure your photos are edited with contrast in your product cover - this can make a difference in who clicks.
- Don't overdo the contrast - draw the eye’s attention but don’t overwhelm the eye with a ton of varying contrast. Less is more! Start simple with what you’re comfortable with.
Creative Action Tip
See what you can do to create contrast in your next product cover or template you create for your listings!
Rate, Review, & Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Thanks for tuning in to The Creative Teacher Podcast! If you enjoyed listening to today's episode, feel free to subscribe and leave a review. I'd love to hear your feedback!
You can also find me on Instagram @thesouthernteach. I cannot wait for you to join me in the next episode for more tips and inspiration!